Syfe Trade (Brokerage) Invite Your Friends Programme
Trade US stocks and ETFs, simply and securely
Table of Contents
What is Syfe?
Syfe is a digital investment platform that is building the next generation of financial solutions for individuals across Asia.
Launched in July 2019, Syfe’s mission is to transform the way people manage their money and make high quality financial services affordable and accessible to all. Syfe is the all-in-one platform where everyday investors can access simple, smart and affordable investing, to grow wealth their way.
Syfe is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) under a Capital Markets Services (“CMS”) License (CMS License No: CMS100837) for retail fund management.
Syfe Wealth offers personalised and custom portfolios, enabling users to fulfil their long-term financial goals. The platform has no minimum investment amounts and maintains a low annual fee, starting at 0.35% per annum of the total amount invested.
Trade like a big time investor, without investing big time.
Syfe Trade is Singapore’s first neobroker in Singapore. Investors can have access to free trades, a simplified user experience, and access to real time market data and analysis.
As of October 2022, Syfe Trade is only accessible via the Syfe mobile app.
Syfe Trade supports Singapore SGX and US markets. Investors can easily buy into the world’s biggest companies and ETFs starting with as little as one dollar.
Reasons to use Syfe Trade
- 5 free trades per month
- Low fees of USD 0.99 per trade thereafter
- Fractional trading
- Buy over 10,000 US stocks and ETFs with as little as USD 1
- SIPC protected
- Individual accounts insured by SIPC up to USD 500K against brokerage failure.
- Real-time stock quotes
- Get deeper insights on price movements and latest market news
- Extended trading hours
- Syfe Trade offers full extended hours trading for the US market!
- Clients can trade stocks and ETFs from 4pm to 8am Singapore Time (4am to 8pm Eastern Time) when the US stock market is open.
Syfe Cash+ is a way to earn yield on your idle cash.
Experience sharing on Syfe Trade
- You can sign up and setup an account easily with SingPass.
- fractional shares trading is a useful feature not every brokerage offers. It allows investors to invest in expensive stocks without being overweight on the particular ticker.
- for fractional share trading:
- the trades can only be placed as ‘market orders’ and not ’limit orders’.
- not available during extended trading hours
What are the real fees you pay when buying funds or unit trusts?
An article by Syfe which advocates buying ETFs over unit trust or mutual funds and comparing their fees against banks, robo-advisors and self-serve platforms popular in Singapore.
It is quite lengthy but you can scroll down to the comparison tables if you are in a rush.
Staying safe from scammers
Be wary of scams that can take place in the form of online stock recommendations from unofficial sources or informal chat groups.
Scammers might impersonate real people from genuine financial services firms to tempt you into investing in any recommended stocks/investment products. Some scammers might use spoofed or unofficial social media accounts to spread and disseminate false information.
You can protect yourself and others by observing the following:
- Change your privacy setting in your messaging apps to prevent others from adding you to random investment chat groups.
- Be wary of stock tips/ recommendations from unofficial sources (e.g. Social Media platforms/Messaging App)
- Do your research before investing in any investment product
- Check the credentials of the supposed company or representatives using sources such as MAS Financial Institutions Directory, Register of representatives and Investor Alert List.