Luno referral code: SSZNDC (Invite A Friend Program)
High-performance crypto exchange
- From December 2021, the ‘Luno Exchange’ will be removed from the Luno platform in Singapore. You will still be able to buy and sell crypto through ‘Instant Buy/Sell’ and use all other features of your Luno account.
- Learn more: Why is Luno removing the exchange in Singapore?
- To avoid problems, do not sign up when connected to a VPN. I had a bad experience signing up because I was connected to a USA VPN. Read more about it below.
Table of Contents
Luno is a global company, with local presence in:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
My difficult signing up experience
As mentioned in the warning box above, I tried to sign up with Luno when I was connected to a USA VPN. After I signed up, whenever I logged in, I was shown a webpage saying Luno is not available in USA yet.
I tried to send a support email to Luno about the issue to request they correct my account to a Singapore based account but I received an automated response email as follows:
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer support as Luno is not yet available in your country.
At this point in time, we can’t provide further updates or a timeline as to when our services, including buying, selling, and trading BTC and other cryptocurrencies for your local currency, will be available in your country.
Luno currently operates in various countries across Asia, Africa, and Europe. Our list is always growing. You can see which countries are supported here
Regards, Team Luno
I then tried to reach out via direct message to their Facebook page, and received a reply three days later asking for my email address to verify the issue.
I replied and only received a response that was of no help at all another six days later:
Thank you for your patience on the matter.
As it stands, we are currently not available for US Citizens until further notice.
If you are not a US citizen however, you can still sign up for Luno by providing us with the necessary documents.
I responded again to mention I am a Singaporean based in Singapore but I never heard back from Luno again.
By chance, I managed to figure out how to resolve the issue.
Steps to resolve:
- After signing in, click on “Profile” on top left of the screen
- Scroll down and click on “Settings”
- Then change “Country” to “Singapore”.
After I changed the country setting from USA to Singapore, I was able to proceed to verify my Luno account.