Livingmenu Referral Code: 6WXJ5A (Refer A Customer Promo)
Top rated hawkers delivered
Enter the referral code 6WXJ5A at account creation, and receive instant $30 credit for your first Livingmenu mini buffet purchase, and $3 credit for your first Livingmenu meal box purchase.
Singapore’s highest rated meals from top hawkers and independent eateries delivered islandwide to your doorstep.
Terms and conditions apply.
Table of Contents
We get you the best from different parts of Singapore daily
Livingmenu is a Singapore based food tech innovator with the vision to create a world where people can eat well affordably, conveniently and make a positive social impact all together.
Why order with Livingmenu?
Livingmenu works with the top-rated hawkers and independent eateries island-wide in Singapore. So you will not be limited to nearby options.
Their menu options are constantly evolving based on customers’ feedback to ensure customers get the best from different parts of Singapore daily, and in the most affordable way.
“Delivering the best & most affordable meals from hawkers and independent eateries with no markup, no minimum order and no hidden cost.
The name ‘Mealbox’ might suggest that it is for ordering a bento set, but this is not true. The Mealbox service is actually for ordering hawker food.
How Mealbox works
- From the app, you can view the menu options available for the week ahead. The stalls and menu options available differ everyday.
- You can order for the week ahead. For example: on 2/10/2021, you can order ahead for delivery up to 8/10/2021.
- There is a cut-off timing for you to cancel your order should you change your mind. Usually it is the night before the chosen delivery date.
- Typically, only one signature item will be available from each hawker. I believe this helps simplify the workflow process for both Livingmenu delivery riders and the hawkers, allowing them to work more efficiently to deliver the orders to customers on time.
- As Livingmenu rotates the hawkers on a daily basis, if you enjoyed the food from a particular hawker, you might have to wait for quite awhile before you can order the same item again.
- There are no markup, no minimum order, and no hidden fees. Prices are same as vendor’s in-store price for takeaways.
- Livingmenu charges a flat delivery fee ($3.95), operating on a different business model from other food delivery platforms. Top spenders can get delivery fee discounts, and occasional free sample meals for the following month.
“Highest rated hawkers & independent eateries in one mini buffet catering set.”
Livingmenu partners with top rated hawkers and independent eateries to serve a multi-course mini buffet, where each course is a signature dish freshly prepared by a specialized vendor at its licensed kitchen.
There are various themes available like:
- Local Favourites
- Local Dialects
- Young & 2nd Gen Hawkers
- Muslim Friendly
My personal experience
Livingmenu’s concept is interesting because it allows me to enjoy food from all over the island without exorbitant delivery charges. It feels like a groupbuy for hawker food.
The app is pretty easy to understand and navigate.
Credit cards are accepted and I used GooglePay. There was a payment processing fee of $0.50.
Remember to provide good directions (e.g. which lift lobby, direction to turn after exiting lift) when saving your address to help the delivery staff reach you faster.
I made my first order on 29/9/2021 for delivery on 30/9/2021. The delivery timing is between 12pm to 1pm and the food arrived at around 12:50pm. It was on time but I would have preferred if livingmenu can deliver earlier as my family was really hungry by that time.
The app constantly shows an update of the estimated delivery time based on the location of the delivery staff.
Delivery was contactless. The staff placed the order at my door and pressed the doorbell. The app also showed that the delivery was completed.
My order was delivered in a paper bag and without cutlery as part of livingmenu’s effort to Go Green!
My second order was on 20/10/2021. The food (Penang laksa, mee pok, avocado) arrived early this time around 11:15am which was great.
The first time we ordered, the food we received were pretty good but were already cold. We had to reheat them up in the microwave before consumption.
The second time round, the food (Penang laksa, mee pok) were still warm despite the delivery being from Golden Mile Food Centre to the north end of Singapore. Taste wise they were all good and I will repurchase in future.
Livingmenu was responsive and fast to my feedback via WhatsApp.